Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lush Caca Marron Mama Henna


So I have decided recently that I need to improve my product junkie ways. If I'm gonna keep wasting on hair stuff, it mind as well be good kind of hair stuff hunh?

A friend of mine had some Lush (fresh handmade cosmetics) henna and we decided to put it in my hair just for fun. I had been wanting to try it because my previous henna experiences weren't so good (it wasn't all natural), so this was the perfect time to do it!

Firstly, after watching some henna video's, people were saying that it smelled. It didn't. I mean, what exactly should it smell like? Its a plant! It smelled fine to me. We cut it up (took 3 blocks for my 5 inch hair), put it in a bowl, and poured boiling hot water in it. I also mixed some hot six oil in it just because from my other experiences, my hair was dried out and I didn't want to take any chances. Secondly, my friend applied it for me, so the mess was probably considerably decreased. I know lots of people say its a super mess and you should cover your whole house in bubble wrap. That wasn't my experience this time 'round (or any other time I'd done it myself). My friend and I kept joking while she was applying that it was like getting a perm because we had to mix it and then part my hair in four sections, etc. Its like a perm minus the burn lol. I also decided that if I ever got the urge to perm, I'd just henna. It was a good time.

After the application, I covered my head in plastic wrap, put on a shower cap, put on my scarf, and went to sleep. That was around midnight and I woke up around 10 am to wash it out.

Disclaimer: sleeping that way was NOT comfortable.

It took me awhile to wash it out. That stuff is GUNKY. I washed with shampoo twice (I'm using Mane N Tail again) and conditioned twice. It was such a hassle washing it out! But it finally did get out and I twisted my hair up. The henna DEF conditioned my hair. I had a problem with bushy ends...not anymore! I was so happy! There isn't really a visible color change but my hair was already brown and this henna is said to turn hair brown. lol, no need. I'm excited about it. I'll probably do a  darker Persian henna the next time I need a good condition. I haven't been able to stop touching it and its been a few days. Grrr.

Lush on their henna: "We use the finest Persian henna, which has been used since ancient times to dye the skin and hair. The leaves are dried and ground into a powder and it is this, mixed with conditioning cocoa butter, which forms the basis of our Cacas"

Its a really nice conditioning treatment. It softened my curls and made my hair shinier. It also took care of my bushy ends which was a nice surprise. Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment