Monday, April 18, 2011

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

I finally tried a "natural" hair product! Wooooo! Walgreen's had a sale a couple weeks ago on the Shea moisture line and I figured this would be as good a time as any, right? Right!

My bushy ends were back. =/ Apparently henna is only a temporary fix *shrug*. But back to the Shea moisture...I opted to get a couple jars of the curl enhancing smoothie because 1. Its called smoothie. Come on, I couldn't resist! And 2. I really just need a good leave-in at this point!

I didn't use it on freshly cleaned hair the first time which was a bad idea. I hated the smell mixed with my other products. Elck! And it left my hair dull and film-ish. *shakes head* So I washed and then tried it again. *singing* LOOOOOVED it!

The smell was much better (although I'm still not crazy about it) and my bushy ends were controlled once again! =) I do lots of twist-outs nowadays so I simply sectioned, applied, and twisted my hair up. When I took them out I had tons of curl definition (which isn't really a problem with my hair anyway) and my hair felt like heaven! Although the consistency may appear heavy, it went on really light. Its amazingly buttery soft on your hair. I definitely have my staple leave-in now!

The downside is, I noticed that if your hair gets oily easily, you should probably stay away from this product. I usually have to add a leave-in, oil, and a sheen to keep oil on my hair but with the curl enhancing smoothie, I literally only needed it by itself; but that also means build-up galore! So proceed with cautin!

Overall though, I love Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. =)

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to really try this product, but since I shaved my hair off, I cannot. :(

    ReplyDelete