Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goodbye Shampoo!

I've always had a problem with shampoo. When my hair was relaxed, that neutralizing shampoo always left my hair SQUEAKY clean and stripped. Even my normal regimen shampoo, Mane' n Tail, gave my hair a stripped feeling.

After the big chop, my hair was so DRY. I never wanted to use shampoo on it because I dreaded the little moisture that was there, getting stripped. I would do strictly cowash's until my hair would HAVE to be cleaned with shampoo from all the build up.

A couple month's ago, scouring through youtube, I came across someone who substituted shampoo with raw African Black soap. I had never heard of it and so I did some research and decided to order some. 

Goodbye shampoo, hello African black soap! I love this stuff. I ordered mine from butters-n-bars.com. The key is to ensure you get authentic raw African black soap. The imitation soaps contain artificial dyes and drying agents (no bueno!). I first tried to get it from a beauty supply store. The soaps they had, claimed to be African black soap BUT they were literally, black; and the authentic stuff isn't at all (more of an amber color). Real African black soap is also hypoallergenic and something with dyes all in it, cannot be! It is rich with glycerin which makes it a good shampoo bar. 

The ingredients vary with different oils added but butters-n-bars lists: 
Roasted cocoa(Chocolate) Pods 
Plantain Skin 
Palm Oil
Water

It leaves my hair very conditioned, despite its ability to thoroughly clean product build-up. It also defines my curls a lot. It smells kind of light and nutty but doesn't really leave a scent in the hair. It's also really good for the skin! I use it the same way I would use shampoo and I follow with a conditioner. I like it because its all natural and really does moisturize my hair, more than any shampoo can ever do.  

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment