Saturday, January 15, 2011

First post ever!


My name is Sha’Mira and I am a product junkie. 

Class: “Hi Sha’Mira.”

After going natural, I buy any and every hair product I hear about. Its sad…and I need help. I tried to simply stop buying, that didn’t work. I tried only buying when I used up other products; I ended up GIVING things away so I could go buy other products. So, I’ve resulted to counseling and by counseling, I mean blogging about it.

If I’m gonna keep buying this stuff, I mind as well tell other naturals about it…right?

Well let’s get some stuff out of the way:

1. My last perm was June 2010.
2. I transitioned with afro twists for 3 months and did the big chop September 2010. I was SUPPOSED to transition for 6 months, but after I took out my twists, I couldn’t take the texture difference.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. More love than hate though. =)
4. I’m not big the whole hair type thing, I like to just say my hair is kinky/nappy but I think I’m 4b with 3c (especially in the middle). Its weird.
5. I’m a fashion merchandising and art history student at the University of Georgia. And there’s not one conveniently located beauty supply store in the area…Booooo!
6. I’m doing this blog because although I’m newly natural, I know there are lots of other new naturals looking for products. I’m still looking, hence my obsession and some things that may work for me, just might work for someone else. Other blogs I look at (which are numerous and often) do product reviews too, but it seems like there is a need for other references.


Here’s to my attempt at cataloging all the products I go through!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! I've officially joined! I cannot wait to hear about more product reviews.

    ReplyDelete