Sunday, March 13, 2011

Revisiting an old friend...=)

 I recently waited too long of a time to detangle my hair. I went through at least 2 weeks and midterms without a thorough REAL detangle session. EEK! To make matters worst I've come home for Spring Break and I forgot to pack a conditioner. *cursing under breath* My mom, my 23 yr old step-sister, and my 14 yr old little sister all have relaxed hair. I've either rummaged through their stuff already or found a possibility before, used it, and hated it. So that leaves my 6 yr old sister who has thick, long, curly, natural hair. She's bound to have something I can use! Problem solved right? No such luck. Her mostly uniform 3c hair cannot match my 3c, 4b, and whatever else hair. Sauve Humectant? No thanks! Just for me hair milk? Eh... Queen Helene Placenta conditioner? Whhhaaa?! UGH! So again with the rummaging...until eureka!

My teen sister had some Garnier Fructis sleek and shine fortifying cream conditioner! I've previously used Garnier when I was relaxed. I'm sure I loved it then, I'd get it often! And since I was in no position to turn down a familiar ally, I went for it. I wasn't that hopeful as far as results go but I was pleasantly surprised when I applied the conditioner and took a comb to my mess of a head, smmmooootttthhh sailing!

The conditioner is creamy, smells good, and has slip. The bottle says its for, "Frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair". Definitely everything my hair was prior to conditioning lol. It has nutritive fruit micro-oils (whatever that means), vitamins B3 plus B6, apricot and avocado oil. None of the ingredients considerably bothered me and it seriously smoothed and controlled my hair strands and allowed for a significantly easier detangle process. I was DREADING this hair session...dreading, but it went really well thanks to this conditioner! Every time I'm on the prowl for products (always), I see Garnier Fructis on the shelves, try to remember my experiences with it, can't, so I keep it moving. Now, I'll consider getting some travel containers for times exactly like this.

I don't know if my hair was desperate or if I just had very low hopes but this trusty old friend really looked out. =)  



                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment